Perform a variety of operations with the main goal to keep the press running at all times. Duties may also include assisting in all other aspects of the operation as needed to meet customer requirements.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Assists the lead press operator in the operation of the assigned sheet-fed press.
- Primarily responsible for setting up the feeder end of the press and preparing/hanging plates:
- Setting rails, brushes, wheels, double sheet detector and loading stock.
- Assist press operator with blanket washing, plate hanging and back cylinder cleaning.
- Continually pre-load the feeder so when one person is changing loads at the delivery end, a quick pile change can be done at the same time.
- Work directly with the press operator in planning the next job:
- Gather job ticket and plate file.
- Check that the color sample or proof is present.
- Gather needed inks and mix ink if necessary.
- Prep units for ink if necessary, make sure stock is ready when needed.
- Maintain ink levels in the fountains — put away any unused stock and ink after the run is over.
- Adhere to and follow all safety policies and procedures and good housekeeping practices.
- Assist press operator in routine maintenance.
- Assist other press operators whenever possible by locating paper and/or loading paper.
- Ability to read and communicate in English.
- High school diploma/GED equivalency required. Trade/vocational school preferred.
- One to two years previous production related experience required.
- Basic mechanical/troubleshooting skills.
Physical / Mental / Technical Requirements
- Requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire shift.
- Problem solving skills both in a team atmosphere as well as individually.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet customer demands.
- Ability to learn new technology and equipment.
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and schedules.
- Frequent lifting and carrying materials up to 40 pounds: occasional lifting up to 60 pounds.
- Requires pushing and pulling of pallet trucks with loads weighing up to 2,000 pounds.
- Frequent cleaning and maintenance of the press will require the ability to assume awkward body postures while working on the machine.
Please send resume to
AC Printing LLC, 3400-1
S. Raider Drive, Euless, TX 76040,
Attn: Durriya Dawoodbhoy
Email resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org